I have been an Illinois criminal defense attorney representing individuals in criminal cases and investigations since 1993.
I graduated from the Ohio State University with a degree in finance. I received my law degree from the University of Miami (Florida). Shortly after graduation I moved to Chicago and worked for a criminal defense law firm where I gained immediate trial experience.
I next worked as a staff attorney for the Criminal Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County. In this capacity, I worked behind the scenes assisting several different judges concerning decisions they would render regarding some high profile cases and some issues of first impression. (Many of these issues were appealed all the way to the United States Supreme Court). The experience I gained here was priceless. Quite simply - it taught me how judges think and resolve issues.
In 1997, I left my position with the Circuit Court of Cook County and opened my own criminal defense law office. My law practice is a full service law firm concentrating on criminal defense litigation in Illinois and the federal courts.
When you become a client, I will provide you with personalized, tireless and skilled representation in criminal cases. The type of representation that you deserve and need when you're the target of Illinois or federal prosecutors.
When you hire the Law Offices of Eric J. Bell you can be sure that:
- I will promptly return your phone calls
- I will help you understand the charges against you and all the surrounding circumstances
- I will pursue any and all defenses to the charges you are facing
- I will keep you updated about the status of your case
- If you are incarcerated I will regularly visit and meet with you
- I will always work to make the very best of the unfortunate situation you find yourself in
Contact me for a free initial confidential consultation.